SNU Korean Language Education Center provide Korean language programs not only for SNU students and faculty members, but for those who need Korean to make their everyday life easier and more convenient. (more)
No prior knowledge of Korean is necessary at level one, while those who have mastered the basics can enroll in levels two and three. The classes are three hours long and are held twice a week for 10 weeks. There are four sessions each year, and students can start studying from any of these four. This program is designed for international students and professionals who are already in Korea. Visas cannot be obtained through this program.
2. Schedule for the 2007 academic year
Session / Course Duration / Application Deadline / Enrollment Deadline / Interview & Placement Test
Spring / Mar.5 - May.10 / Feb. 16 / Feb. 23 / Feb. 28 (Wed.) 5:00 p.m.
Summer / June 4 - Aug.9 / May 18 / May 25 / May 30 (Wed.) 5:00 p.m.
Fall / Sept.3 - Nov.12 / Aug. 17 / Aug. 24 / Aug. 29 (Wed.) 5:00 p.m.
Winter / Dec.3 - Feb.11 / Nov. 17 / Nov. 24 / Nov. 28 (Wed.) 5:00 p.m.
3. Class Hours
Afternoon Korean Program : Tuesday & Thursday 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Evening Korean Program : Monday & Thursday 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
4. Course Objectives
Students learn basic communicative skills through
- practicing pronunciation
- learning basic grammar structure
- practical listening and speaking in a language lab
- using audio-visual materials, role-play, and games
Students must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid Korean visa
6. Application Materials
- Application Form (download or online application)
- A photocopy of passport information and visa
- Copy of the official academic transcript from the last school attended
- Certificate of Employment (for SNU faculty)
7. Tuition 500,000 won per session (50% discount for SNU faculty)
- By wiring to the following LEI bank account:
Bank : National Agricultural Cooperative Federation (Nonghyup) Bank, SNU branch, Seoul Korea
Account Number : 079-17-000714
Account Holder : Language Education Institute (LEI)
- By cash payment directly or by money order
Cash payment : By cash payment directly to the National Agricultural Cooperative Federation (Nonghyup) Bank, SNU branch
* To obtain a receipt for tuition payment, please visit the KLEC (Bldg.137-1, #101) before payment
Money order : The Office of General Affairs, Language Education Institute, Seoul National University
San 56-1 Sillim-dong, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 151-742, Korea (R.O.K)
8. For more information, please contact us.
SNU NOW / Newsroom