- ○(The Ministry of Education) To apply changes in COVID-19 circumstances and quarantine system of Diseases Control authorities, the Ministry reestablishes academic and quarantine guidelines of universities and promotes gradual recovery of university education through in-person, on-campus activities.
※ Recovery Plan of On-campus Class Operation
[The Ministry of Education Official Document No. 4501 (Apr 20, 2022)
Ⅱ Recovery Plan of Class Operation
- ○Standards for Social Distancing in Lecture Rooms: Removed (Not applied)
- -Offline classes should be operated with all members wearing masks.
- ○Class Operation (Spring Semester 2022)
- -In principle, all classes should be operated as offline classes.
- -Online or hybrid classes could be switched to offline classes if these classes unavoidably had to be operated as online or hybrid classes to follow standards for social distancing in lecture rooms.
- -For switching to offline classes instructors should change class operation method after taking opinions of registered students; in consideration of possibility of student’s restrictive circumstances such as long commutes from campus or health issues.
- -(Confirmed cases) SNU maintains current standard(7 days of self-quarantine for confirmed cases). However, if there are changes in quarantine guidelines due to grade adjustment in infectious diseases the changes will be applied correspondingly.
- -(Complying basic quarantine rules) Quarantine rules should be consistently complied such as opening windows regularly for ventilation and wearing masks in doors.
※ Major Changes
|As-is||To be (Apr 25, 2022~)|
|Class Operation||○ In principle, all classes should be operated as offline classes.
- Online class is restrictively allowed only when it is considerably effective for achieving educational goals.
|○ In principle, all classes should be operated as offline classes.
○ Instructors can switch to offline classes if the classes had to be unavoidably operated as online or hybrid classes to follow standards for social distancing in lecture rooms.
(Class operation method can be changed after taking registered student’s opinions)
|Academic Quarantine||○ Commuting to campus: confirmed cases should self-quarantine themselves for 7 days. (off-campus)
○ Standards for social distancing in lecture rooms: spacing seats or installing partitions.
|○ Commuting to campus: sustained (No changes) The standard can be adjusted if there are changes in quarantine guidelines.
○ Standards for social distancing in lecture rooms: removed (Not applied)
Apr 2022, Office of Academic Affairs