Position: Full-time English Instructor (annually renewable; no expiration cap on number of contract renewals)
Organization: Language Education Institute, Seoul National University
Location: Seoul, Republic of Korea
In response to the continuing success of its expanding programs, the Language Education Institute (LEI) at Seoul National University is planning to create one additional full-time English instructor position. We are looking for a dedicated and responsible, native English-speaking instructor who can start teaching our English Conversation/Composition/EAP/ESP classes in July or September, 2008. The LEI provides non-credit classes for SNU students, faculty and staff as well as specialized classes and services for the various SNU professional and academic communities. SNU, the most prestigious university in Korea, boasts an outstanding academic atmosphere and a spacious campus comfortably surrounded by scenic mountains. Come join us now!
QUALIFICATIONS: A master’s degree from an English-speaking country, with preference given to candidates with EFL related credentials and teaching experience at the university level. We are interested in instructors who can help us to continue advancing our popular core conversation and writing classes as well as candidates who could assist with the workshops, intensive programs, and consultation services tailored toward specific professional and academic communities on our campus. A BA degree holder is required to have over three years of teaching experience at the university level.
JOB DESCRIPTION: 16 hours in-class hours per week, as well as work related to the classes.
SALARY: The monthly salary is 2,470,000 KRW (about 2,400 USD) for a BA holder and 2,670,000 KRW (about 2,600 USD) for an MA holder. You will be paid separately for additional/extra teaching/work. Upon the completion of the contract, severance pay is also made.
HOUSING: You will be provided with either a rent-free, minimally furnished, one- or two-bedroom Faculty Apartment close to the campus or housing support in a certain amount each month.
VACATIONS: You will have an annual total of 14 weeks paid vacation.
- You will be paid the amount of 1,000,000 KRW for one round-trip airfare at the end of the contract.
- You may take courses in the LEI’s Korean Language Program free of charge, provided that your attendance does not interfere with your duties in the English Conversation program.
Please submit these documents to the LEI by regular mail (not e-mail):
- Cover letter (or letter of self-introduction)
- Copies of degree(s)/certificate(s)
- (Copies of) Academic transcripts (undergraduate level and above)
- Copy of passport (photo page)
- Two (passport-size) recent photos
- Foreigner's Registration Card (if you already reside in Korea) or Residence Card for Foreign National Koreans (or Report by Overseas Korean Residents; if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation (one letter of recommendation written by former Korean employer is desirable)
DEADLINE & CONTACTS
The application deadline is February 29th (Friday), 2008. If you are interested or have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Jung-Soo Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. FYI, we must receive all the application materials via surface or express mail; neither e-mail nor fax is available.
(Ms.) Jung-Soo Lee
Foreign Language Education Center (Rm. #112)
Language Education Institute (Bldg. #137)
Seoul National University
San 56-1, Shillim-dong, Gwanak-gu
Seoul 151-742, Korea
SNU NOW / Notice