Position: Full-time Researchers (English Test Editors)
Organization: Language Education Institute, Seoul National University
Location: Seoul, South Korea
The Language Education Institute of Seoul National University in Korea is seeking dedicated and qualified English test editors.
- Applicants need to have at least a master's degree.
- Prior experience in editing is not required, but nevertheless desired.
- You will be required to write, proofread, edit and grade test items for TEPS (Test of English Proficiency developed by Seoul National University) and other tests.
- The ideal candidate will have a good cultural background, an ability to use resources online, and the capacity to work independently.
SALARY AND ALLOWANCES:
- Salary will be negotiated with successful candidates prior to employment.
- Solid performance in the first year will lead to special allowance, which increases annually up to the sixth year.
- There will be three bonuses per year.
- Upon the termination of the contract, severance pay equivalent to one average month's income will be made.
The starting date for this position is negotiable.
Non-Koreans will be provided with either housing support in amount of 600,000 KRW each month or a minimally furnished, one- or two-bedroom Faculty Apartment on campus.
You will have an annual total of four weeks of paid vacation.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AND CONDITIONS:
- Non-Koreans will be paid the amount of 1,000,000 KRW for one round-trip airfare at the end of the contract.
- You may also take evening courses in the LEI's Korean Language Program (KLP) free of charge, provided that your attendance does not interfere with your duties in the Testing Center.
- You will be required to join the National Pension and Health Insurance Plans.
- You can secure a permanent position after a few years of strong performance.
Please submit the following documents to the LEI by email or mail:
- Cover letter (or letter of self-introduction)
- Copies of degree(s)/certificate(s)
- Copies of academic transcripts (undergraduate level and above)
- Copy of passport (photo page)
- Foreigner's Registration Card (if you already reside in Korea) or Residence Card for Foreign National Koreans (or Report by Overseas Korean Residents if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Review of application package
- English tests
- Interview (either in person or via telephone)
DEADLINE & CONTACTS:
Thursday, July 16, 2009, 6 pm. If you are interested or have any questions, please feel free to contact Jeong Ah Son at email@example.com.
Jeong Ah Son
Language Proficiency Testing Center (Rm. #403)
Language Education Institute (Bldg. #137-1)
Seoul National University
1 Gwanangno, Gwanak-Gu