Seoul National University Museum is holding a special exhibition titled "Capital Hanseong: Mongchontoseong, 1983-2023."
"Capital Hanseong: Mongchontoseong, 1983-2023" is an exhibition presented by the Seoul National University Museum to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Mongchontoseong excavation survey. The exhibition aims to reflect on the excavation achievements and put together research outcomes.
Seoul National University Museum initiated the Mongchontoseong excavation survey in 1983 and led the investigation until 1989. The survey revealed the location and structure of Hanyang, the first capital of Baekje, and prepared the foundation for early Baekje archaeological research.
In this exhibition, artifacts excavated from Mongchontoseong in the 1980s and those that have been consistently organized and researched until recently will be showcased together. We hope you can revisit the memories of the Mongchontoseong survey and meet the appearance of the first capital of Baekje.
- Planned by: Seoul National University Museum, Hanseong Baekje Museum
- Host: Seoul National University Museum
- Event Place: 2nd Floor Exhibition Hall, Seoul National University Museum
- Exhibition Period: May 23, 2023 (Tuesday) - August 31, 2023 (Thursday)
- Opening Event: May 22, 2023 (Monday) at 2:00 PM
*Guide Reservation Information
- Operation Period: May 23, 2023 (Tuesday) - August 31, 2023 (Thursday)
- Reservation is available for non-profit organizations with 10 to 20 participants.
- Please make a reservation by phone at least one day in advance. (02-880-8094)