Undergraduate scholarship application for 2012 Fall Semester is as follows:
- 1)Undergraduates who will be enrolling in 2012 fall semester
- 2)Students who have taken leave of absence for the previous semester and willing to enroll in 2012 fall semester.
*Students who have taken leave of absence but have registered for the previous semester are excluded.
- 3)Those who want the tailored scholarship for the household income of lowest 40% have to apply for the Korean Student Aid Foundation (KOSAF) in June. The application for that scholarship will be considered as that for college scholarship.
- 4)Scholarships that requires the submission of household income data, such as scholarship for living expenses, oversees study, and work-study scholarship, should be applied for via KOSAF.
- 5)Those who are receiving the National Basic Livelihood Security Program should apply for the tailored scholarship to KOSAF.
- 6)Tailored scholarship for undergraduate international students with annual income less than $25,815 (equivalent to 30,000 thousand KRW according to the currency rate on May 18, 2012) is also available.
2. Application Period: From Wednesday, May 30th ~ Monday, June 15th, 2012.
3. How to apply
Log on to http://my.snu.ac.kr
→ Click on “학사행정(Student Administration)” → Click on “등록/장학(Registration/Scholarship)” → Click on “장학(Scholarship)” → Fill out the “장학복지지원카드(Welfare Support Card)” → Click on “신청 및 저장(Apply and Save)” → Submit to the Administration Office of your department.
*Please be aware to fully complete the Welfare Support Card Form in order to receive proper scholarships.
4. Submission of documents
- 1)General scholarship: Submit the Welfare Support Card and other required documents* to the Administration Office of your department.
- 2)Those eligible for the ‘Men of national merit’ scholarship: If this is the first time to apply for the scholarship, submit Welfare Support Card and ‘certificate of tuition exemption’ that the local office of the Ministry of Patriots and Veterans Affairs in your residence issues. If you have ever received the ‘Men of national merit’ scholarship, simply write ‘returning applicant for the men of national merit scholarship(유공자장학금 계속자)’ in the writing form box ‘reason you need scholarship’.
- 3)Scholarships for North Korean refugees can be applied for by submitting the Welfare Support Card and the certificate of the recipient of educational protection.
- 4)International undergraduate students should submit the Welfare Support Card and the notarized (either in English or in Korean) certificate of their guardians’ (usually parents’) annual income in 2011. If their guardians earn income in Korea, submit 2 of the following 3 documents.
- -Receipt for Earned Income Tax Withholding
- -Certification of Insurance Premium Payment
- -Local Imposition of Tax for each items (house, land, building) Certification in 2011
- 5)If you are already receiving outside scholarship, write the name of the scholarship in the ‘reason you need scholarship’ form in the Welfare Support Card. In that form, write in detail about your economic status and familial facts.
- 6)You need a signature or a seal on your Welfare Support Card
- 7)Students who have taken leave of absence for the previous semester and willing to enroll in 2012 fall semester cannot apply for scholarship online. They have to write in hand and submit it with required documents to the Administration Office of their departments.
- 1)In general, if you no not apply, you are not eligible. However, the tailored scholarship for the household income of lowest 40% can be obtained just applying to KOSAF scholarship, and not directly to the Administration Office of your department. KOSAF scholarship can be applied for via their website.
- 2)If you do not write a part of the Welfare Support Card or write something factually wrong in the Card, your scholarship can be cancelled.
- 3)In principle, you cannot get multiple scholarships unless there is a special circumstance.
- 4)The amount of scholarship and student loans must not exceed the tuition fee of the corresponding semester. If you do not abide by this principle, your scholarship and student loans are returned and further receipt of scholarship and loans will be restricted.
- 5)Even if you receive multiple scholarships, if the total amount is less than the tuition fee of the corresponding semester, you are not breaking the principle.
**For further inquiries, please contact the Administration Office in your department.
Attached: Foreign Student Welfare Support Card Application Form